Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > > >

Politics Political discussion will only be allowed in here.

Old 09-04-2019, 04:15 PM

Rewards: 52,714
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 13777
Likes (Received): 26032
I don't mind Trump at all but his team actually altering a weather map with a magic marker to try and make it align with his Alabama hurricane forecast is embarrassing.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:11 PM
CRETINOUS EUNUCH

Rewards: 1,472
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 22981
Likes (Received): 6333
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Knight View Post
I don't mind Trump at all but his team actually altering a weather map with a magic marker to try and make it align with his Alabama hurricane forecast is embarrassing.
why they wouldn't use a crimson colored marker and say it was the tide causing the hurricane
Old 09-05-2019, 08:33 AM

Rewards: 2
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2161
Likes (Received): 7502
Quote:
I wonder. Did Auburn Kid head for higher ground to escape the wrath of Dorian?
Old 09-10-2019, 11:58 AM
WHINY CUNT

Rewards: 1,959
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 6130
Likes (Received): 3869
Bolton gone
Old 09-11-2019, 12:01 PM
the straightshooter

Rewards: 100,298
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5679
Likes (Received): 6821
Quote:
Originally Posted by T100 View Post
Bolton gone
styx has been on point last few days. so has trump

Old 09-13-2019, 09:56 AM
the straightshooter

Post Thanks / Like
Mr. Trump. Hire Douglass McGregor to replace Bolton

Old 09-13-2019, 09:56 AM
the straightshooter

Post Thanks / Like
Old 09-17-2019, 12:38 AM

Rewards: 52,714
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 13777
Likes (Received): 26032
“After five years playing in the minors, in 1955, Mariano finally made it to the big leagues.” —⁦@realDonaldTrump⁩ on Mariano Rivera’s debut with the Yankees.

Lol wow.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:55 AM
the straightshooter

Post Thanks / Like
Old 09-17-2019, 10:45 AM
WHINY CUNT

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
“After five years playing in the minors, in 1955, Mariano finally made it to the big leagues.” —⁦@realDonaldTrump⁩ on Mariano Rivera’s debut with the Yankees.

Lol wow.

bobco will have a hayday with this one.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:13 PM
Watching all football

Rewards: 1,944
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 923
Likes (Received): 981
The 2016 New Mexico vote was;
Hillary Clinton Donald Trump Gary Johnson
48.26%................40.04%...............9.34%

Calfornia; Gary Johnson: ................. 3.2%
Arkansas Gary Johnson: .................. 2.6%

This looks like Johnson got about 6% as votes against Hillary but not wanting to vote for Trump.
Old 09-18-2019, 10:14 AM

Rewards: 2
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2161
Likes (Received): 7502
Fact Check: Trump makes at least 27 false claims at New Mexico rally - CNNPolitics
Old 09-19-2019, 03:08 PM
Watching all football

Post Thanks / Like
Old 09-24-2019, 03:13 PM
the straightshooter

Post Thanks / Like
smells like desperation, and campaign rhetoric

comments tell the story as much or more than the video, which is good too

keep in mind Michael Tracey the author of the video, is a leftist who currently is behind Tulsi and may end up backing Bernie. He also was a well respected HuffPo journalist until they canned him for questioning the validity of the russia probe.

requesting a probe be re-opened which should never have been closed is all that's been done

how did Hunter Biden end up on the board of a Ukrainian Energy company lol

the left projects their own sins onto others, whatever they are accusing you of, they do and egregiously

none of these things would have come to light at all , without Assange and or if Hillary had won.

of course the pretext for a legitimate impeachment probe would involve how Trump lending our forces to Saudi Arabia and Israel, for their national interests, not ours. But of course they don't talk about this at all. LIterally though the impeachment hystericals, think what Trump has done in regard to Russia and Ukraine now is bigger than lying us into the Iraq war, thats how fucking off point and stupid these people are. Or how stupid they expect we are ? So its expected they dont even touch the one thing that Trump is doing unethically and against US citizens/taxpayers interest. .
Old 09-25-2019, 02:48 PM
the straightshooter

Post Thanks / Like
Old 09-25-2019, 09:50 PM
the straightshooter

Post Thanks / Like
reciprocity should be to the right a counternarrative to what "equality" is to the left

its a showstopper in a debate. we need to use it more often, and centralize our thesis around it

again, I encourage anyone interested to look into Propertarianism

Last edited by Roma; 09-25-2019 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-27-2019, 07:45 AM
Watching all football

Post Thanks / Like

by Victor Davis Hanson is a classicist and historian at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University.

The Real Reason for Trump Derangement Syndrome

Donald Trump is waging a nonstop, all-encompassing war against progressive culture, in magnitude analogous to what 19th-century Germans once called a Kulturkampf.

As a result, not even former President George W. Bush has incurred the degree of hatred from the left that is now directed at Trump. For most of his time in office, Trump, his family, his friends, and his businesses have been investigated, probed, dissected, and constantly attacked.

In 2016 and early 2017, Barack Obama appointees in the FBI, CIA, and Department of Justice tried to subvert the Trump campaign, interfere with his transition, and, ultimately, abort his presidency. Now, congressional Democrats promise impeachment before the 2020 election.

The usual reason for such hatred is said to be Trump’s unorthodox and combative take-no-prisoners style. Critics detest his crude and unfettered assertions, his lack of prior military or political experience, his attacks on the so-called bipartisan administrative state, and his intent to roll back the entire Obama-era effort of “fundamentally transforming” the country leftward.

Certainly, Trump’s agenda of closing the border, using tariffs to overturn a half-century of Chinese mercantilism, and pulling back from optional overseas military interventions variously offends both Democrats and establishment Republicans.

Trump periodically and mercurially fires his top officials. He apparently does not care whether the departed write damning memoirs or join his opposition. He will soon appoint his fourth national security adviser within just three years.

To make things worse for his critics, Trump’s economy is booming as never before in the new 21st century: near record-low unemployment, a record number of Americans working, increases in workers’ wages and family incomes, low-interest rates, low inflation, steady GDP growth, and a strong stock market.

Yet the real source of Trump derangement syndrome is his desire to wage a multifront pushback—politically, socially, economically, and culturally—against what might be called the elite postmodern progressive world.

Contemporary elites increasingly see nationalism and patriotism as passé. Borders are 19th-century holdovers.

The European Union, not the U.S. Constitution, is seen as the preferable model to run a nation. Transnational and global organizations are wiser on environmental and diplomatic matters than is the U.S. government.

The media can no longer afford to be nonpartisan and impartial in its effort to rid America of a reactionary such as Trump, given his danger to the progressive future.

America’s ancient sins can never really be forgiven. In a new spirit of iconoclasm, thousands of buildings, monuments, and statues dedicated to American sinners of the past must be destroyed, removed, or renamed.

A new America supposedly is marching forward under the banner of ending fossil fuels, curbing the Second Amendment, redistributing income, promoting identity politics and open borders, and providing free college, free health care, and abortion on demand.

An insomniac Trump fights all of the above nonstop and everywhere. In the past, Republican presidents sought to slow the progressive transformation of America but despaired of ever stopping it.

No slugfest is too off-topic or trivial for Trump. Sometimes that means calling out former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick for persuading NFL stars to kneel during the national anthem. Huge, monopolistic Silicon Valley companies are special Trump targets. Sometimes Trump enters cul-de-sac Twitter wars with Hollywood has-beens who have attacked him and his policies.

Trump variously goes after Antifa, political correctness on campus, the NATO hierarchy, the radical green movement, Planned Parenthood, American universities, and, above all, the media—especially CNN, The Washington Post, and The New York Times.

For all the acrimony and chaos—and prognostications of Trump’s certain failure—a bloodied Trump wins more than he loses. NATO members may hate Trump, but more are finally paying their promised defense contributions.

In retrospect, many Americans concede that the Iran deal was flawed and that the Paris climate accord mere virtue-signaling. China was long due for a reckoning.

Special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation proved fruitless and was further diminished by Mueller’s bizarrely incoherent congressional testimony.

Some of the most prominent Trump haters—Michael Avenatti, James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Anthony Scaramucci, and Rep. Adam Schiff—either have been discredited or have become increasingly irrelevant.

Trump has so enraged his Democratic adversaries that the candidates to replace him have moved farther to the left than any primary field in memory. They loathe Trump, but in their abject hatred, he has goaded the various Democratic candidates into revealing their support for the crazy Green New Deal, reparations for slavery, relaxed immigration policies, and trillions of dollars in new free stuff.

In a way, the left-wing Democratic presidential candidates understand Trump best. If he wins his one-man crusade to stop the progressive project, they are finished, and their own party will make the necessary adjustments and then sheepishly drift back toward the center.

Some of the commentators were brilliant:

Bryan W. PoliTech • 7 days ago
Many of us are like VDH in that regard. I stood in the polling booth for 20 minutes trying to decide if I could live with myself for casting a vote for Trump. I knew I could never vote for the Pantsuit Wonder. It came down to - someone is going win, and it can't be HER. Trump promised us a constitutionalist for SCOTUS and most on his list were very good. IF he follows through, great - he kept his promise - we're even. Anything else he does that I agree with is gravy, and any charge he leads for a just cause is all the better.

Since then, OMG. Sure he's done some dumb things and hired some dumb people. But: Tax cuts, the economy, the stock market, regulation cuts, court wins... I'm amazed. I was very disappointed he didn't stand long for the wall. But then he declared the emergency and now there's funding - not ideal, but it is happening! Getting Mexico to hold asylum-seekers was genius. Kavanaugh was a good pick - not a great one, but a good one. And trolling of the left is epic - I think he does it as much for amusement as anything else. He can control the news cycle for hours if he wants by using a bombastic tweet. They fall for it every time without fail! a single tweet!

One major failing was his inability to get Paul Ryan to work with him in the first 2 years. The blame for that lies mostly with Ryan, but imagine what could have been accomplished with a willing House and Senate! He could have rolled back the Progressive agenda 100 years!! For that failure, Paul Ryan will never be worth anything in my book. (No soul is irredeemable - his comes close.)

In the beginning, I was very wary. Now, as others have said, "I will crawl over a mile of shards of broken glass with bare hands and knees to cast a vote for this guy, Donald Trump."

So be of good cheer - there have to be hundreds or thousands of voters like me, and many who didn't vote or voted reluctantly for the Hag that will have changed their mind. Add that to the perpetual leapfrog to the left that the Dem primary field is engaging in and they are driving Americans out of the Democrat party. If the Republicans don't blow it, 2020 will be a good year.

The Real Reason for Trump Derangement Syndrome
Old 09-27-2019, 02:18 PM
the straightshooter

Post Thanks / Like

we have all the morality authority we need
Old 09-27-2019, 02:28 PM
the straightshooter

Post Thanks / Like
Old 09-29-2019, 10:06 AM
WHINY CUNT

Post Thanks / Like
Old 10-04-2019, 10:10 AM
the straightshooter

Post Thanks / Like
Old 10-06-2019, 10:42 AM
Watching all football

Post Thanks / Like
Rep. Rashida Tlaib said Democratic lawmakers are exploring how to arrest White House officials who do not comply with congressional subpoenas.

Tlaib, D-Mich., told Detroit constituents at her "Congress, Coffee, and Conversation" event on Tuesday that lawmakers are focused on how best to take cabinet members into custody. "This is the first time we've ever had a situation like this," she said. "So they're trying to figure out, no joke, is it the D.C. police that goes and gets them? We don't know. Where do we hold them?"

Then Eric Holder must still be in jail.

By JOHN BRESNAHAN and SEUNG MIN KIM 06/28/2012
The House has voted to hold Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress over his failure to turn over documents related to the Fast and Furious scandal, the first time Congress has taken such a dramatic move against a sitting Cabinet official. The vote was 255-67.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:33 PM
the straightshooter

Post Thanks / Like
Old 10-09-2019, 05:39 PM
the straightshooter

Post Thanks / Like
Old 10-10-2019, 11:32 PM
the straightshooter

Post Thanks / Like

When you are America first and you decide its time to end our participation in a decade long pointless war in an area of the world with so much clannishness... ( because of cousin marriage if you care to read about that heres a great primer IQ, Inbreeding and Clannishness << NotPoliticallyCorrect

...then somebody will always feel left out in the cold. Anytime we decide to pull out of a conflict would be the same, no matter when, so why not now. There are no happy endings in the middle east, its constant conflict. It shouldnt matter anyway we need to do whats best for America. We clearly shouldn't have been there to begin with. Trump's announced this withdrawal in December. 10 months later isn't abrupt.

I wont even go into the details about the PKK, Kurdish Marxist rebels who are on the State Depts terrorist list. There are two sides to every story and these "gangs" have killed over 20k people in Turkey. The Kurds have no choice but to be absorbed into a more powerful nation, and they will have to play by the rules of the nation that accepts them. They dont have the capital or forces to carve out land for themselves, its that simple. Not to mention that these forces that were in Northern Syria are a small fraction of the Kurdish population. So when you hear that the Kurds will be slaughtered what they mean is this this one gang of Kurds that chooses to be mercenaries to protect oil fields. But they wont be slaughtered though, thats another lie. They will have choices now, be absorbed into Syria or Turkey. They may refuse. Dont confuse casualties of war with genocide. Most Kurds live inside of Turkey.

Next, Trump is always talking about how he finished ISIS. Well sort of. The truth is OBama's CIA created ISIS to fight Assad. They were so intent on removing Assad that they would have gone to war with Russia if Trump had not won the election. So Trump ending the funding being funneled through the CIA to ISIS, and then all that was needed to remove ISIS was to get out of the way, of Iran and Russia. And I'm not saying Russia is awesome, none if this is ever black and white, nor simple. There are layers and layers and nobody is a good guy But we don't need to provoke war with Russia unless it was a last straw. None of these wars in the ME benefit us as Americans, and the neoliberals, or establishment democrats are no different than the neocons snakes in their foreign policy. When it comes to trade too, basically the same, as in sell out americans for their globalized economy that only benefits them. Might as well be the same party.

Have you noticed that THE ONLY time the mainstream media praised Donald Trump in unison was after bombing Syria and now the only time youll hear Republicans in the Senate criticize Trump is from Withdrawal. .

Last edited by Roma; 10-10-2019 at 11:37 PM.

Tags
accomplishments, add, great, positive, president