Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > > >

Politics Political discussion will only be allowed in here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 04-08-2018, 07:45 AM
AuburnKid AuburnKid is offline
Watching all football
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Walnut Hill near Auburn, AL
Posts: 4,585
Rewards: 2,000
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 928
Likes (Received): 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by T100 View Post
Dow rises 5,000 points in a year for the first time ever


Feel free to add more positive accomplishments by this great president.

T100 I think that you should start a new thread about how bad it would have been if the predictions of her 98% chance of winning were true and she won. I miss-posted this in a London thread. It belongs here. My thoughts are:

We faced a choice in the election.

As the second President Clinton, she wanted to complete her husband's work he started with NAFTA. She wanted the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation to become Law from Belize to Canada. There would have been no more American freedoms.

I will paraphrase time-traveler, Kyle Reese;

Some of us were kept alive, ... no freedoms, but alive, ... to work... loading data into IRS Databases. The freedom disposal units ran night and day. Individual Freedoms was that close to going out forever. But there was one man who taught us to fight, to storm the wire of the Beltway, to smash those Globalist motherfuckers into retirement. He turned it around. He brought us back from the brink. His name is Trump; Donald Trump.

from The Terminator

Some of us were kept alive... to work... loading bodies. The disposal units ran night and day. We were that close to going out forever. But there was one man who taught us to fight, to storm the wire of the camps, to smash those metal motherfuckers into junk. He turned it around. He brought us back from the brink. His name is Connor. John Connor.
__________________
Likes tigerbait liked this post
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 04-08-2018, 09:30 AM
tigerbait tigerbait is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: RUSTON LA
Posts: 4,885
Rewards: 92,870
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 727
Likes (Received): 1807
AK, I have been reading Thomas Jefferson quotes and he was, of his time, one of the most brilliant men there ever was. Going to start posting some of them. Think that you and others will like them. Some may not but who cares!!
"The laws that forbid the carrying and owning of arms, disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes" TJ
"There is nothing more unequal than the equal treatment of unequal people" TJ
"The democracy will cease to exist, when you take away from those who are willing to work and give it to those who would not" TJ
"Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principal " TJ
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 04-08-2018, 10:04 AM
AuburnKid AuburnKid is offline
Watching all football
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Walnut Hill near Auburn, AL
Posts: 4,585
Rewards: 2,000
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 928
Likes (Received): 986
TigerBait
My wife is the most logical woman I know. Aced her high school chemistry tests of "determine what are these unknown inorganic compounds?" in record time. They are a pure logic of "if you add substance ABC and there is no white precipitate, then the unknown compound cannot be XYZ and so on.
“A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.” —Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, 1785
She followed the Thomas Jefferson's and Randolph Jefferson's DNA studies and the female slave that had children with Jefferson genes must come from the brother Randolph.
__________________
Likes tigerbait liked this post

Last edited by AuburnKid; 04-08-2018 at 10:06 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 04-08-2018, 11:11 AM
tigerbait tigerbait is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: RUSTON LA
Posts: 4,885
Rewards: 92,870
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 727
Likes (Received): 1807
AK
I told you a couple of days ago , you got a real good one when she picked you.
You and me both be very lucky men!!!!
" It is error alone, which needs the support of the government. Truth can stand by itself!" TJ
"When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the
government, there is tyranny!" TJ
" No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." TJ
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 04-11-2018, 01:46 AM
Bozzie Bozzie is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,590
Rewards: 1,275
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 792
Likes (Received): 841
Decapitating the Department of Justice.
Desperation abounds.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 04-12-2018, 09:05 AM
tigerbait tigerbait is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: RUSTON LA
Posts: 4,885
Rewards: 92,870
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 727
Likes (Received): 1807
I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labor of the people, under the pretext of taking care of them. TJ

My reading of history convinces me, most bad government results form too much government. TJ

To compel someone to subsidize with their taxes, the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves or abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. TJ
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 04-13-2018, 09:52 PM
AuburnKid AuburnKid is offline
Watching all football
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Walnut Hill near Auburn, AL
Posts: 4,585
Rewards: 2,000
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 928
Likes (Received): 986
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerbait View Post

...
My reading of history convinces me, most bad government results form too much government. TJ .....
A thousand years ago there were a few Democracies. Iceland was one. On the summer solstice, the people assembled to hear the official Law Keeper who stood on the Law rock and had to recite all of the Laws. If he could not repeat them all, a vote was forced on which to keep and which laws time had come and gone.

President Trump has removed 22 bad regs for every new reg.
__________________
.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 04-13-2018, 10:27 PM
AuburnKid AuburnKid is offline
Watching all football
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Walnut Hill near Auburn, AL
Posts: 4,585
Rewards: 2,000
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 928
Likes (Received): 986
Billionaire Tom Steyer Calling For Trump's Impeachment Says He Will Pour $30 Million Into Midterm Elections

Trump, he says, has "brought us to the brink of nuclear war." This would be after his "Fire and Fury" statement.

Look at what constant Russia, Russia, Russia has done. After the gas attack, the Liberals have put Pres. Trump into a box. Anyone who gasses children must be punished they say. But what they demand threatens a nuclear war with Russia. Therefore Trump must be impeached for actions that might cause a nuclear war with Kim Un. But if he bombs Syria, he must be impeached for maybe starting a nuclear war with Russia.

If he did nothing to Syria, he would not have any Gravitas with Kim Un later.

It is very easy to "get the goods" on Trump's collusion; Russian leader Puttin must be pissed that his client state of Syria suddenly needs a new airport and likely a new fleet of fighter aircraft too after morning BDAs come in. Mueller simply needs to ask Puttin the details of their collusion. Puttin would likely do anytime to get another USA pres. like Obama.

If Obama was still President, I am certain if one A-bomb went off in L.A. he would surrender.

In Klingon this is what is happening now;
bah-dah too-moh (Bagh Da tuH mogh) Fire streaks the heavens
Sho-jah doo-roh (ChojaH Duh rHo) Battle has begun
__________________
.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 04-13-2018, 11:00 PM
Roma Roma is offline
the straightshooter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wherein one correctly applies the Red Pill
Posts: 68,972
Rewards: 100,344
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5690
Likes (Received): 6831
Under Mr Trump same boss as old boss
__________________
http://stuffin.space/
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 04-15-2018, 06:46 PM
Wabash Wonders Wabash Wonders is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Terre Haute, IN
Posts: 11,507
Rewards: 10
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 174
Likes (Received): 836
Whatever happened to Obamacare? For 8 years all I heard was what a disaster it is and how it has to be replaced. Why is this a non issue now? Im fine now since I still have my insurance through my former employer in retirement until I reach 65, but then I’m on my own, so I voted for Trump because he said he would fix Obamacare and have affordable insurance for all. My wife is 6 years younger than me so we will have to find insurance for her also. I don’t know a whole lot about it, but I’m guessing Obamacare is no where near as bad as Republicans we’re making it out to be, which is why it’s a non issue now.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 04-15-2018, 07:10 PM
wayne1218 wayne1218 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Northeast
Posts: 33,021
Rewards: 17,949,929
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5576
Likes (Received): 10619
Obamacare progress. This is from this year but a few months ago.

Don’t look now, but President Trump and congressional Republicans are making progress on their promise to repeal and replace ObamaCare with a more affordable, flexible and dynamic health-care system.

This news will likely come as a surprise. As far as the news media are concerned, the failure to pass the American Health Care Act in the Senate means that health care has been a zone of failure for President Trump

What the media have missed is an administration-wide health reform effort, enhanced by congressional action that will lower costs, increase access and improve health outcomes.

Because this new strategy doesn’t fit the news media’s focus, it has been routinely ignored. The diverse nature of the many small steps underway has made it hard for analysts and reporters to understand how important they are.

It has always been a mistake to think the health system can be fixed in one giant step.

Health costs are about 18 percent of the U.S. economy, which is the largest economy in the world. Health care is also the most deeply dependent on science and technology of any field of human endeavor. No one is smart enough to fix a system that big and that complex in one giant reform.

The Trump team has recognized that a broad-based approach that has many small steps moving in the same general direction is much more likely to succeed than staying focused on one giant step which, even if you could get it through the Congress, would still leave you needing many small reforms.

The results are already very impressive.

At the Food and Drug Administration, Commissioner Scott Gottlieb has introduced dramatic steps to speed the approval of generic drugs.

Generic drugs dramatically reduce costs for patients. They account for about 90 percent of all prescriptions filled, but only around 25 percent of total spending on prescription drugs. This means that speeding the approval of generic drugs is among the most effective ways to make medicine more affordable.

Under President Trump and Commissioner Gottlieb’s leadership, the FDA has moved away from a “first come-first serve” model of generic drug approval to prioritize the applications of generics that would serve as alternatives to brand-name drugs with fewer than three generic competitors.

The FDA is also prioritizing approval for generic alternatives to complex and expensive drugs, as well as streamlining the overall generic drug approval process.

The efforts are clearly working. In October the FDA approved 101 generic drugs – more in a single month than ever before.

At the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Administrator Seema Verma has taken additional steps to save consumers money on their co-pays and out-of-pocket costs.

Over the objection of the hospital lobby, CMS announced badly needed reforms to the 340B drug discount program. The program mandates that drug manufacturers sell participating hospitals Medicare Part B drugs (used to treat cancer and other serious conditions) at a discount. Medicare then reimburses the hospitals at full price, and the hospitals gets to pocket the difference.

The intent of this program is noble – to help hospitals that serve poor populations. However, the program has dramatically expanded in recent years, and studies have shown that in many of the participating hospitals very little of the savings reach poor patients.

CMS’s announcement that it would cut the reimbursement rate for those drugs will save taxpayers money, and it will also reduce co-pays for Medicare patients who usually pay a percentage of the price Medicare pays.

In addition, CMS introduced a proposed rule for Medicare Part D to ensure that any discounts that drug manufactures negotiate with pharmacy benefit managers are passed on to seniors in the form of lower out-of-pocket costs.

The administration has also taken steps to prevent future price gouging scandals like the infamous Martin Shkreli price hike of an AIDS drug from $13.50 a pill to $750, by identifying the drugs most vulnerable to pricing abuse.

President Trump has also moved beyond opposing ObamaCare and has begun to develop a better system for the future. What replaces ObamaCare is at least as important as voting to repeal it.

Replacing ObamaCare requires a lot of specific steps to return to a market-based, decentralized system in 50 different states. The Trump administration and its Republican allies in Congress have been working diligently in that direction.

At the Department of Labor, Secretary Alexander Acosta issued proposed rules that would dramatically expand the availability of Association Health Plans. These plans could be national and regional, allowing for the sale of insurance across state lines, but critically still maintain state autonomy in regulating insurance – which will help police against fraud.

Some of the details of the rules may need to be improved to prevent insurance companies from cherry-picking healthy customers, but overall this represents a potentially game-changing reform that could have huge cost saving implications for small business owners and the self-employed.

The Trump administration has also allowed insurers to continue offering “grandmothered” plans created prior to ObamaCare, maintaining these lower cost plans for long-time customers. This saved many small businesses and self-employed people a lot of money and anxiety that would have been caused by the ObamaCare plan to force them into the government system even if they were happy with their current plan.

In addition, the Trump administration fixed a number of loopholes in the ObamaCare enrollment rules. Some customers had been using the loopholes to game the system to avoid paying their premiums. They waited until they got sick to get coverage by claiming they qualified for a “Special Enrollment Period.” This fraud drove up prices for everyone. The Trump administration issued new rules that fixed a number of these problems.

President Trump also made it easier for people to shop for health insurance without using the Healthcare.gov website. For 2019 enrollment, customers can fully use insurer websites, as well as aggregators like ehealthinsurance.com. All of this increases convenience, expands choice and makes lower costs possible.

Finally, just last week Congress enacted a key reform that flew almost completely under the media’s radar. The continuing resolution passed to reopen the government this week suspended the health insurance tax for one year, the device tax for two years, and delayed the Cadillac tax until 2022, all of which were part of ObamaCare. All of these taxes were simply passed on to patients in the form of higher premiums, so each of these steps will save patients money.

A lot more reform is coming. For example, Republicans in Congress are working on a bipartisan basis to pass some additional market stabilization measures in the next few weeks. They were part of both the House and Senate versions of the American Health Care Act. This single step could lead to a 15 percent reduction in premiums for 2019 – another big win for the consumer and taxpayer.

These steps show that just as the Trump administration has an intense focus on jobs and take-home pay. It also is developing a clear focus on access, cost, and the quality of health care.

The Trump team understands that it doesn’t work to have a tax cut and increased take-home pay if the cost of health care rises faster than take-home pay. The practical reality of developing new and better approaches to health and health care is a key to the general success of the Trump administration.

In the long run, the 1,000-step approach of practical reform will prove vastly more effective than either ObamaCare or SandersCare with their focus on sweeping giant government bureaucracies.

This progress in health care is one more example of the impressive results of the Trump administration’s first year.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 04-15-2018, 09:30 PM
Wabash Wonders Wabash Wonders is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Terre Haute, IN
Posts: 11,507
Rewards: 10
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 174
Likes (Received): 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1218 View Post
Obamacare progress. This is from this year but a few months ago.

Don’t look now, but President Trump and congressional Republicans are making progress on their promise to repeal and replace ObamaCare with a more affordable, flexible and dynamic health-care system.

This news will likely come as a surprise. As far as the news media are concerned, the failure to pass the American Health Care Act in the Senate means that health care has been a zone of failure for President Trump

What the media have missed is an administration-wide health reform effort, enhanced by congressional action that will lower costs, increase access and improve health outcomes.

Because this new strategy doesn’t fit the news media’s focus, it has been routinely ignored. The diverse nature of the many small steps underway has made it hard for analysts and reporters to understand how important they are.

It has always been a mistake to think the health system can be fixed in one giant step.

Health costs are about 18 percent of the U.S. economy, which is the largest economy in the world. Health care is also the most deeply dependent on science and technology of any field of human endeavor. No one is smart enough to fix a system that big and that complex in one giant reform.

The Trump team has recognized that a broad-based approach that has many small steps moving in the same general direction is much more likely to succeed than staying focused on one giant step which, even if you could get it through the Congress, would still leave you needing many small reforms.

The results are already very impressive.

At the Food and Drug Administration, Commissioner Scott Gottlieb has introduced dramatic steps to speed the approval of generic drugs.

Generic drugs dramatically reduce costs for patients. They account for about 90 percent of all prescriptions filled, but only around 25 percent of total spending on prescription drugs. This means that speeding the approval of generic drugs is among the most effective ways to make medicine more affordable.

Under President Trump and Commissioner Gottlieb’s leadership, the FDA has moved away from a “first come-first serve” model of generic drug approval to prioritize the applications of generics that would serve as alternatives to brand-name drugs with fewer than three generic competitors.

The FDA is also prioritizing approval for generic alternatives to complex and expensive drugs, as well as streamlining the overall generic drug approval process.

The efforts are clearly working. In October the FDA approved 101 generic drugs – more in a single month than ever before.

At the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Administrator Seema Verma has taken additional steps to save consumers money on their co-pays and out-of-pocket costs.

Over the objection of the hospital lobby, CMS announced badly needed reforms to the 340B drug discount program. The program mandates that drug manufacturers sell participating hospitals Medicare Part B drugs (used to treat cancer and other serious conditions) at a discount. Medicare then reimburses the hospitals at full price, and the hospitals gets to pocket the difference.

The intent of this program is noble – to help hospitals that serve poor populations. However, the program has dramatically expanded in recent years, and studies have shown that in many of the participating hospitals very little of the savings reach poor patients.

CMS’s announcement that it would cut the reimbursement rate for those drugs will save taxpayers money, and it will also reduce co-pays for Medicare patients who usually pay a percentage of the price Medicare pays.

In addition, CMS introduced a proposed rule for Medicare Part D to ensure that any discounts that drug manufactures negotiate with pharmacy benefit managers are passed on to seniors in the form of lower out-of-pocket costs.

The administration has also taken steps to prevent future price gouging scandals like the infamous Martin Shkreli price hike of an AIDS drug from $13.50 a pill to $750, by identifying the drugs most vulnerable to pricing abuse.

President Trump has also moved beyond opposing ObamaCare and has begun to develop a better system for the future. What replaces ObamaCare is at least as important as voting to repeal it.

Replacing ObamaCare requires a lot of specific steps to return to a market-based, decentralized system in 50 different states. The Trump administration and its Republican allies in Congress have been working diligently in that direction.

At the Department of Labor, Secretary Alexander Acosta issued proposed rules that would dramatically expand the availability of Association Health Plans. These plans could be national and regional, allowing for the sale of insurance across state lines, but critically still maintain state autonomy in regulating insurance – which will help police against fraud.

Some of the details of the rules may need to be improved to prevent insurance companies from cherry-picking healthy customers, but overall this represents a potentially game-changing reform that could have huge cost saving implications for small business owners and the self-employed.

The Trump administration has also allowed insurers to continue offering “grandmothered” plans created prior to ObamaCare, maintaining these lower cost plans for long-time customers. This saved many small businesses and self-employed people a lot of money and anxiety that would have been caused by the ObamaCare plan to force them into the government system even if they were happy with their current plan.

In addition, the Trump administration fixed a number of loopholes in the ObamaCare enrollment rules. Some customers had been using the loopholes to game the system to avoid paying their premiums. They waited until they got sick to get coverage by claiming they qualified for a “Special Enrollment Period.” This fraud drove up prices for everyone. The Trump administration issued new rules that fixed a number of these problems.

President Trump also made it easier for people to shop for health insurance without using the Healthcare.gov website. For 2019 enrollment, customers can fully use insurer websites, as well as aggregators like ehealthinsurance.com. All of this increases convenience, expands choice and makes lower costs possible.

Finally, just last week Congress enacted a key reform that flew almost completely under the media’s radar. The continuing resolution passed to reopen the government this week suspended the health insurance tax for one year, the device tax for two years, and delayed the Cadillac tax until 2022, all of which were part of ObamaCare. All of these taxes were simply passed on to patients in the form of higher premiums, so each of these steps will save patients money.

A lot more reform is coming. For example, Republicans in Congress are working on a bipartisan basis to pass some additional market stabilization measures in the next few weeks. They were part of both the House and Senate versions of the American Health Care Act. This single step could lead to a 15 percent reduction in premiums for 2019 – another big win for the consumer and taxpayer.

These steps show that just as the Trump administration has an intense focus on jobs and take-home pay. It also is developing a clear focus on access, cost, and the quality of health care.

The Trump team understands that it doesn’t work to have a tax cut and increased take-home pay if the cost of health care rises faster than take-home pay. The practical reality of developing new and better approaches to health and health care is a key to the general success of the Trump administration.

In the long run, the 1,000-step approach of practical reform will prove vastly more effective than either ObamaCare or SandersCare with their focus on sweeping giant government bureaucracies.

This progress in health care is one more example of the impressive results of the Trump administration’s first year.
So basically, it’s still just blah, blah, blah we have nothing yet. That’s what I thought.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 04-16-2018, 08:30 AM
wayne1218 wayne1218 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Northeast
Posts: 33,021
Rewards: 17,949,929
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5576
Likes (Received): 10619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabash Wonders View Post
So basically, it’s still just blah, blah, blah we have nothing yet. That’s what I thought.
Or basically you are on the other side and have no interest in reading the positive changes being made. Typical left.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 04-16-2018, 12:49 PM
chibob chibob is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,034
Rewards: 2
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2163
Likes (Received): 7510
I like this move.

As a senior citizen, the Medicare part D is a home run. It was a boom for drug companies and added over a trillion to the debt.

This year seniors received a COLA increase, the first one in years.
However, the increase in COLA disappeared when Medicare increased the deductible by an amount greater than the COLA increase.
Net result, everyone took a fucking from Georgie and Trumpie, two of the all time greats at increasing the National Debt



CMS’s announcement that it would cut the reimbursement rate for those drugs will save taxpayers money, and it will also reduce co-pays for Medicare patients who usually pay a percentage of the price Medicare pays.

In addition, CMS introduced a proposed rule for Medicare Part D to ensure that any discounts that drug manufactures negotiate with pharmacy benefit managers are passed on to seniors in the form of lower out-of-pocket costs


but the deductible goes UP

sweet, thanks for nuttin
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 04-16-2018, 02:27 PM
Wabash Wonders Wabash Wonders is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Terre Haute, IN
Posts: 11,507
Rewards: 10
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 174
Likes (Received): 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1218 View Post
Or basically you are on the other side and have no interest in reading the positive changes being made. Typical left.
Did the typical left vote for Trump? I did. The main reason I did was because he had a plan to replace Obamacare, which he obviously didn’t. Just because you posted some words saying changes are being made doesn’t mean shit. But of course because I didn’t jump for joy over what you posted, I’m automatically on the left. Typical righty.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 04-16-2018, 02:30 PM
PPM PPM is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 11,952
Rewards: 1,859
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 8267
Likes (Received): 3081
I’m going to go out on the ledge and guess it’ll take a while to replace Obamacare. It’s not that simple. Plus house and congress have to vote it through first. This shit is on them. Not Trump.
__________________
Likes Roma liked this post
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 04-16-2018, 02:36 PM
wayne1218 wayne1218 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Northeast
Posts: 33,021
Rewards: 17,949,929
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5576
Likes (Received): 10619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabash Wonders View Post
Did the typical left vote for Trump? I did. The main reason I did was because he had a plan to replace Obamacare, which he obviously didn’t. Just because you posted some words saying changes are being made doesn’t mean shit. But of course because I didn’t jump for joy over what you posted, I’m automatically on the left. Typical righty.
He has tried to change it and he had a plan in place. As PPM said and I thought most knew already, he can't change it on his own. He needs help and votes for others to pass it through. Easy to blame one guy but that isn't reality.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 04-16-2018, 02:41 PM
wayne1218 wayne1218 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Northeast
Posts: 33,021
Rewards: 17,949,929
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5576
Likes (Received): 10619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabash Wonders View Post
Typical righty.
I am a registered independent voter. I have voted multiple times for each party in my lifetime. I also try to find the positives in any presidency. You sound like the left and post like the left, you will be called a typically lefty. They have refused to acknowledge one positive thing since he took office and you didn't seem to be open to it based on your post either.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 04-16-2018, 04:21 PM
chibob chibob is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,034
Rewards: 2
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2163
Likes (Received): 7510
^^^^ the tax reform

lol

they put people i jail here who were paid for their vote

Last edited by chibob; 04-16-2018 at 04:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 04-16-2018, 04:21 PM
Roma Roma is offline
the straightshooter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wherein one correctly applies the Red Pill
Posts: 68,972
Rewards: 100,344
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5690
Likes (Received): 6831
it wouldnt be that hard to replace Obamacare, particularly with Trump and a Republican congress

so ask yourself what happened?

the republican congress outside of cutting taxes, is exactly like their neoliberal counterpart, and have very similar lobbyists to answer to
__________________
http://stuffin.space/
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 04-16-2018, 04:29 PM
wayne1218 wayne1218 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Northeast
Posts: 33,021
Rewards: 17,949,929
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5576
Likes (Received): 10619
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibob View Post
^^^^ the tax reform

lol

they put people i jail here who were paid for their vote
It has put more money in my and my wife's pocket every week. Works for me.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 04-16-2018, 04:37 PM
Roma Roma is offline
the straightshooter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wherein one correctly applies the Red Pill
Posts: 68,972
Rewards: 100,344
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5690
Likes (Received): 6831
Trump faced unparalleled opposition to his agenda which really did have Americans best interest., from his own party. We would expect it to come from the left

The big 3, trade, immigration, and foreign policy was going to be a huge shift for the best. None of it has come to fruition, he at least shares in the blame

At this point, between dealing with a Big lie over Russian collusion, to the judicial system being political. He didnt stand a chance from the get go, looking back. Sessions recusal was the end.

Omnibus specifically gives no money to Wall prototypes.

Pulling out of Syria would have been good, but Trump was vetoed by his own apparatus.

Im done making excuses for him though, because despite the reality of a deep state of unelected officials who really run the show, he was supposed to have the kind of power level that would overcome.

It feels like he sold us out, they must have some dirt on him, and his families honor has become more important than his mission. And I honestly think Kushner did a lot to hurt this presidency too.

before Bernie sold out... He understoodf that open borders helps the elite, and hurts the average joe

“Open Borders”: A Gimmick, Not a Solution - Bernie Sanders

Im not a Bernie fan, but that doesn mean his entire platform was wrong.

Bernie was also right on Trade

Bernie Sanders Tells Trump to Keep His Promise on Nafta - Bloomberg
__________________
http://stuffin.space/

Last edited by Roma; 04-16-2018 at 04:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 04-16-2018, 05:00 PM
wayne1218 wayne1218 is offline
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Northeast
Posts: 33,021
Rewards: 17,949,929
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5576
Likes (Received): 10619
I think his biggest hurdle was not being a true politician. I also think that is what got him elected. He didn't have the connections and trust in people that another politician would have in Washington. He had to learn on the fly and that meant hiring a lot of advisors that he didn't know too well and that didn't know him. I think over the last year he has built trust in some people and he is making the changes that best line up with him and his agenda. Many call all the firings a train wreck but I see it much differently. More of him getting comfortable and getting the right people in place.

I still like many of his ideas. I think he has realized though that pushing them through Congress and the senate is not as easy as he thought it would be, and it doesn't help when most of them are still red ass over him winning and beating them at their own game.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 04-16-2018, 05:07 PM
Roma Roma is offline
the straightshooter
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wherein one correctly applies the Red Pill
Posts: 68,972
Rewards: 100,344
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5690
Likes (Received): 6831
yeah the turnover in the cabinet is nothing, its meaningless

most of the opposition you hear about trump in the media is just noise for the uninformed

when you hear the media praise trump for a day because he bombed syria

thats when you should be worried
__________________
http://stuffin.space/
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 04-16-2018, 05:21 PM
chibob chibob is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 21,034
Rewards: 2
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2163
Likes (Received): 7510
Americans are sticking by Obamacare. If only the GOP would stop trying to kill it.

The Affordable Care Act signup page on the HealthCare.gov website in 2013. (Mike Segar/Reuters)
By Editorial Board April 15 at 7:51 PM
THE AFFORDABLE Care Act, also known as Obamacare, has endured attack after attack, yet it has not collapsed. Instead, it proves repeatedly that it fills a substantial gap in the U.S. health-care system. This should finally cause some reflection among those who have been trying to kill it.

President Trump’s Health and Human Services Department admitted this month that 11.8 million people signed up for private insurance plans through the Obamacare marketplaces this year, despite slashed funding for advertising and an open-enrollment period that was shortened by half. HHS played up a rise in premiums relative to last year’s, but most people on the Obamacare exchanges receive federal subsidies, keeping their costs steady. The average subsidized premium is only $89 per month.

People have voted with their enrollment decisions: A sizable number of Americans do not get insurance from their employers and value the coverage on Obamacare’s markets. That refutes the GOP myth that the program forces Americans to purchase junk insurance that they do not want. A recent Kaiser Family Foundation poll found that these consumers seek to guard against major medical costs, to gain the peace of mind that comes with insurance and to obtain coverage for chronic medical care, suggesting that the law serves important and durable needs.

subscribe
The story must be told.
Your subscription supports journalism that matters.
Try 1 month for $1
ADVERTISING

Another fictional Republican claim is that Obamacare has been collapsing. A Kaiser study this year found that insurance markets stabilized in 2017, despite Mr. Trump’s best efforts to undermine the law. This comports with findings from the Congressional Budget Office and a range of other independent analysts.

But not all the news is good. Enrollment is down nearly 1 million people from a 2016 peak of 12.7 million. The decline came in states where the federal government is running insurance marketplaces; enrollment in the states that run their own marketplaces held steady. Some insurers have exited the market.

Then, too, Republicans have launched a new wave of attacks, the consequences of which won’t be fully visible for months or years. Congressional Republicans eliminated Obamacare’s individual mandate, setting it to end next year. As this year’s enrollment figures suggest, many Americans who rely on the law’s protections and subsidies will continue to buy Obamacare plans, but insurance customers who feel healthy will face fewer incentives to stay in the system, even if it leaves them one car accident away from financial ruin. New HHS rules also threaten to erode the enrollment of healthy customers in comprehensive Obamacare plans by promoting cheaper, skimpy plans, which will make it harder for insurers to maintain the financial stability of the plans that cover care for sick people. Meanwhile, Congress failed to pass any of the bipartisan Obamacare stabilization bills that lawmakers had negotiated.


Obamacare continues to serve an important need. What’s sad to see is how easy it would be to make it even more useful, if Republicans would focus on improvement instead of sabotage.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
accomplishments, add, great, positive, president

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 15.79% Host: cappersmallweb4