Go Back   Sports Handicapping at cappersmall > > >

Politics Political discussion will only be allowed in here.

Old 02-14-2019, 12:07 PM
Watching all football

Rewards: 2,619
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 935
Likes (Received): 999
Who is getting a beating in 2020 Presidential race

It is too early for the finalists so this is partly for the easy candidates. QUESTION? Who beat Gov. Michael Dukakis in 1984? We all know who won the election, but who was beating him?

ANSWER:
Willie Horton

All Gov. Dukakis had to do was say he made a mistake giving him a weekend furlough but the Gov. did not do it, so Reagan supporters beat Gov. Dukakis over the head over and over weekly.

For 2020 we have Elizbeth Warren who signed her yellow card "American Indian. This will be run ad nauseam weekly.

Who beat Al Gore in 2000? Elián González

If this did not flip 300 or more Cuban refugees who still survived the Bay of Pigs, I do not know Miami.

Peace is good for business.
Old 02-16-2019, 10:40 AM
Watching all football

Post Thanks / Like

We can now add Beto O'Rourke to the list. If he thinks the 62,980,160 voters who picked a candidate whose main theme was "build a wall", are going to vote for him, he will be beaten weekly by replays of tear down this wall.

Top Democratic contenders. Biden and Sanders stars are rising.

AK

Old 02-18-2019, 09:54 AM
Watching all football

Post Thanks / Like
Only a week after launching her presidential campaign decrying global warming during a snowstorm in Minneapolis, the woman who wants to claim the mantle of a "moderate" Democrat has beclowned herself with a nonsensical statement. Even worse, as a veteran prosecutor — county attorney (D.A.) in the most populous county in Minnesota, responsible for all criminal prosecution — she missed a point squarely within her area of purported professional competence.

The Hill posted a video to Twitter of her campaigning in Eau Claire, Wisconsin (friendly territory not too far from the Minnesota border), claiming that the mass shooting in Aurora, Illinois shows that "It is time to put sensible gun control legislation in place."

One problem: the shooter in Aurora was already prohibited by existing laws from having a firearm. The problem was that existing laws weren't enforced.
"During the finger-printing and background process" for a conceal and carry permit, "it was discovered that [the suspect] had a felony conviction for aggravated assault out of Mississippi," Ziman stated.

As a former prosecutor, Klobuchar should (but apparently doesn't) understand that when laws go unenforced, adding new laws aimed at the same end will do no good. That she fails to understand this, or maybe was unaware of the situation of the Aurora shooter already being prohibited from having a gun but not being held to the existing law, does not speak well of her intelligence or preparation for comment on it.

I give her an F on gun control but will not be held against her by her constituents.

AK

Last edited by AuburnKid; 02-18-2019 at 09:55 AM.
Old 03-03-2019, 11:44 PM
Watching all football

Post Thanks / Like
The beat goes on. Will her “I shouldn’t have done it” end it? It just brings up things like "do you owe Harvard money?"

March 3, 2019

Sunday Schadenfreude: Elizabeth Warren absolutely grovels in friendly TV interview apology for faking Indian heritage

By Thomas Lifson
She still doesn’t get it: Faking minority heritage to get herself a job at Harvard is a stain that will not wash off for anyone pretending to be the savior of the oppressed. All of the posing as a victim championing other victims won’t work. The fact that her latest grovel comes at the end of a long, tortuous process by which she grudgingly – and only very gradually – admitted that she had pulled off a lie (though she still denies that it benefitted her career immensely) makes it pathetic, not convincing. She is a dead candidate walking, though she still doesn’t realize it. Speaking with a very friendly David Axelrod, interviewing her for his CNN TV show, The Axe Files, she put on her sad face and admitted: “I shouldn’t have done it.”

I can’t think of another candidate in recent times who has handled criticism worse than Elizabeth Warren’s handling of her “cultural appropriation” of minority status as a Native American. First, she flatly denied that there was a problem because unprovable “family stories” said she was part Cherokee. Then, she made up an improbable tale of her parents had to elope because of her grandparents’ racism directed at her purportedly Native American father.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren sought Sunday to bolster her shaky claims of Cherokee ancestry with the story of how her racist grandparents drove her parents to elope.

But Cherokee genealogist Twila Barnes says that account has its own credibility issues.

Ms. Barnes, who said her research into Ms. Warren’s family found “no evidence” of Native American ancestry, has challenged key elements of the senator’s tale of how her parents, Pauline Reed and Donald Herring, defied his parents by running off to marry.

“The problem with Warren’s story is that none of the evidence supports it,” said Ms. Barnes in a 2016 post on her Thoughts from Polly’s Granddaughter blog. “Her genealogy shows no indication of Cherokee ancestry. Her parents’ wedding doesn’t resemble an elopement. And additional evidence doesn’t show any indication of her Herring grandparents being Indian haters.”

Then, after refusing a genealogy test, she took one and proudly declared the findings – that she may have 1/1024 Indian (or South American) heritage proved the truth of her claim, apparently unaware that the average resident of America has slightly more Native American blood.

That seems to have pushed her into recognition that the only way out was to apologize. Now, she is stuck, because she still can’t admit her craven motives without dooming her run for president. She still hasn’t admitted them to herself, yet.

But without that honesty, no apology will work. The idea that Harvard would have hired her without her race fraud when it trumpeted her as the “first tenured woman of color” at the Law School and has no other graduates of non-elite colleges and law schools like hers among its tenured faculty, doesn’t pass the giggle test.

So, Warren is stuck defending herself with arguments that still cause her opponents to laugh at her.

She still doesn’t get it: Faking minority heritage to get herself a job at Harvard is a stain that will not wash off for anyone pretending to be the savior of the oppressed. All of the posing as a victim championing other victims won’t work. The fact that her latest grovel comes at the end of a long, tortuous process by which she grudgingly – and only very gradually – admitted that she had pulled off a lie (though she still denies that it benefitted her career immensely) makes it pathetic, not convincing. She is a dead candidate walking, though she still doesn’t realize it. Speaking with a very friendly David Axelrod, interviewing her for his CNN TV show, The Axe Files, she put on her sad face and admitted: “I shouldn’t have done it.”

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...#ixzz5hAsMdbKT

Old 03-04-2019, 07:36 AM
Watching all football

Post Thanks / Like
Biden's Betrayal of SEALs should Doom Presidential Run

I'm not sure but I think when Alaska Governor Sarah Palin kept quiet about the VP Bunker, it was Biden who told where the vice president safe house was under a nearby Navy barracks. A big joke maybe, but OpSec? Loose lips! All to make Sarah Palin look ignorant. If this book Betrayed: The Shocking The Shocking True Story of Extortion 17 gets more well read, this Loose lips! may be Biden's beat down weapon.

March 4, 2019
By Daniel John Sobieski

Democrat Joe Biden has been lurking in the 2020 presidential shadows being presented by those with their 2020 fingers crossed as an adult in the romper room of pubescent progressives waiting for their Spartacus moments as they learn the complexities of basic math and leadership skills.

While critics of President Trump’s foreign policy accuse him of a degree of recklessness and immaturity that place the nation’s security at risk, Biden’s service in an administration that gave us the criminal negligence and incompetence of Benghazi, provides us with an example of why he should not be trusted with the nation’s security or the lives of its heroes.

As author and attorney David Shestoksas points out in his review of Betrayed: The Shocking The Shocking True Story of Extortion 17 as told by a Navy SEAL's Father, Biden betrayed the heroes that killed Osama Bin Laden to further his political ambitions:

On May 1, 2011, Aaron Carson Vaughn, member of America’s elite special operations force, Seal Team VI, called his father, Billy Vaughn and exclaimed:

“Dad, we got him!”

The elder Vaughn asked: “Got who, son?”

Aaron Vaughn replied: “Who do you think? Go turn on the TV.”

On television shortly thereafter, President Obama declared to the nation that Osama Bin Laden, the mastermind of the deadly attacks of September 11, 2001, was dead.

Vice-President Biden Applauds and Endangers the Seals

Vice-President Joe Biden, at an awards banquet on May 3, 2001,[2] remarked:
“Admiral James Stavridis… can tell you more about… the incredible, the phenomenal, the just almost unbelievable capacity of his Navy SEALs and what they did last Sunday… I’d be remiss also if I didn’t say an extra word about the incredible events, extraordinary events of this past Sunday. As Vice President of the United States, as an American, I was in absolute awe of the capacity and dedication of the entire team, both the intelligence community, the CIA, the SEALs.” (emphasis added)
Less than a day after Biden’s remarks Aaron Vaughn called his mother Karen:
“There’s chatter and all of our lives are in danger including yours, Mom.”

Three Months Later A Deadly Attack on Seal Team VI.

On August 6, 2011, in the Tangi River Valley of Afghanistan, Aaron Vaughn and 30 other Americans,[3] including 15 members of SEAL Team VI were killed when their fifty-year-old helicopter, designated Extortion 17, was hit by a rocket-propelled grenade.

Then there is Joe Biden, whose loose lips got members of Seal Team 6 targeted for revenge and killed in an Afghan mission known as Extortion 17. As Investor’s Business Daily recounted on May 28, 2013:

Extortion 17 was the call sign of a special operations mission in Afghanistan on Aug. 6, 2011, that responded to an Army Ranger unit engaged in a firefight with the Taliban and in need of backup.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...#ixzz5hCkJv1bZ
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Old 03-04-2019, 09:56 AM

Rewards: 2,530
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 8373
Likes (Received): 3118
Putting money on Bernie +500 to win the Dem candidacy. Also Yang +5000 for a longshot and Gabbard +2500 for a woman

Last edited by PPM; 03-04-2019 at 10:02 AM.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:10 AM
the straightshooter

Rewards: 100,641
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 6030
Likes (Received): 7215
I think Bernie could beat Trump, the only other I see as viable would be a Biden/Beto ticket . Thats if they are smart enough to nominate them. On shitlib-twitter youll see lots already signalling they wont vote for a white male on one hand ( Sanders, Biden or Beto), and on the other that they wont vote for the moderate neoliberal (Kamala, Biden, Beto)
Old 03-04-2019, 10:11 AM
Hall of Fame

Rewards: 18,633,745
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5693
Likes (Received): 11317
I think the ship has sailed on Bernie but i could be wrong.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:13 AM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
I think if Biden runs he wins the Dem nomination
Old 03-04-2019, 10:45 AM
the straightshooter

Post Thanks / Like

hawaiian shirt man owns Bernie with this neat trick
Old 03-04-2019, 10:54 AM

Post Thanks / Like
Bernie had a pretty big turnout in Chicago the other day. Beto will be gone early. Kamala has a chance, but it'd be really dumb if they stuck with her. Bernie has the best chance and great odds on him. Biden shouldn't be running, there's things that will come out about him I'm sure he doesn't want getting out depending how dirty Trump wants to get.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:57 AM
the straightshooter

Post Thanks / Like
yeah styx is underestimating bernie

beto is a vp candidate
Old 03-04-2019, 11:02 AM
the straightshooter

Post Thanks / Like

what this shit, lol
Old 03-04-2019, 11:08 AM
WHINY CUNT

Rewards: 11,524
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 6345
Likes (Received): 4052
Who is getting a beating in 2020 Presidential race

Bozzie
Old 03-04-2019, 11:36 AM

Post Thanks / Like
No, lol, Roma. Creepy Uncle Joe has been public for a long time.

Beto would definitely make a great VP can. They will more than likely stick with Kamala as Pres and go Beto as VP. Can't have the roles reversed... how would they Smash Misogyny and Patriarchy(TM) that way?
Old 03-04-2019, 11:53 AM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
The Dems do not care about dirty laundry on their own PPM. We saw that with Clinton. If Biden runs they will feel "Safe" with him and they will lean on his 8 years with Obama as a comforting factor imo. His base is already there if he chooses to run.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:00 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Biden also has many friends on the right as well. Megan Mccain is a true right winger and she loves Joe. I think the right wing fringe Trump supporters may even go with Joe because his ideas are not as radical left as others. I really think Trump would have a problem beating Biden.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:02 PM
Used Register

Rewards: 282,996
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 5346
Likes (Received): 3152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post

what this shit, lol
Bet 'cha dollars to donuts that Creepy Uncle Joe, took a couple of flights on the Lolita Express as well.

EXCLUSIVE: Bill Clinton Still Silent About Flights On Pedophile’s Sex Plane | The Daily Caller
Old 03-04-2019, 12:10 PM

Post Thanks / Like
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne1218 View Post
The Dems do not care about dirty laundry on their own PPM. We saw that with Clinton. If Biden runs they will feel "Safe" with him and they will lean on his 8 years with Obama as a comforting factor imo. His base is already there if he chooses to run.
I truly don't know if all the fringe groups of the left would gang up together to "stop Trump at all costs". A lot of Bernie Bros abstained from voting last election - fringe groups are even more radical now. If they see an old white man running for office, they might not vote for him or vote at all - regardless they're voting against Trump because "what's the difference?" They REALLY want to run with a woman or POC.

However, I'll be on the ground laughing if Biden gets a VP role again. "Always a bridesmaid, never a bride."
Old 03-04-2019, 12:15 PM
Hall of Fame

Post Thanks / Like
Yeah i am not convinced they want a woman. I think facing one helped Trump in the last election. The women may be loud but when the people vote i am not convinced it will equate.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:00 PM
Watching all football

Post Thanks / Like
Joe Biden has a son, Hunter Biden. He is a partner at Rosemont Seneca Partners, LLC. One of their banks is the Bank of China and they deal with a Ukrainian Oligarch.

Hunter Biden and John Kerry's stepson Chris Heinz partnered up to make Rosemont Seneca Partners. Paul Manafort is doing 4-years for less.

When this comes out, Hunter may be going to the big house a la Geraldine Ferraro's husband John Zaccaro who was investigated and in January 1985, Zaccaro pleaded guilty to fraudulently obtaining bank financing in a real estate transaction and was fined $1,000 and was sentenced to 150 hours of community service

See
https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Empire...s%2C148&sr=1-1

Old 04-21-2019, 02:16 AM
Only The Strong Survive

Rewards: 7,534
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 80
Likes (Received): 482
Anybody but Trump. We gave a real bad Hembre here !!

Trump Swallows!!

2019-2020 NFL 107-98 -14 units
2019-2020 Bowls 6-2 +2.7 units
2019 MLB 98-92 +4.8 units
Old 04-27-2019, 05:22 AM
Watching all football

Post Thanks / Like
A COUPLE DOZEN PEOPLE GO TO BETO CAMPAIGN EVENT - American Wire

A COUPLE DOZEN PEOPLE GO TO BETO CAMPAIGN EVENT

Former Texas Rep. and current presidential candidate Beto O’Rourke had a small crowd for a campaign event at the University of Nevada Las Vegas on Friday.

“Around 35 people here to see Beto O’Rourke at UNLV,” Emma Kinery, a Bloomberg reporter tweeted. “The rally was supposed to be held in the courtyard outside, but students told me no one is on campus on Fridays bc it’s mainly a commuter school.”

AK sez; "He will be out soon. Tear down the wall does seem to work well."

Old 05-04-2019, 02:17 PM

Rewards: 73,895
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given): 2284
Likes (Received): 6223
Joe Biden: "Women in the 'hood' should learn to code"

2nd annual Cappersmall/Espn College Pik`em Champion

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

-Gen. George Patton
Old 05-05-2019, 08:42 PM
Watching all football

Post Thanks / Like
Biden rally at a union hall drew maybe 300 with some yawning or sitting there like they were paid to show up.

Biden was talking in sentence fragments bring up one thing, not finishing the thought then saying something else.

Tags
beat, beating, dukakis, gov, warren